Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

Cove Fixture Creekside Inn Closes it Doors after 44 Years

A well-known and loved Cove restaurant closed its doors forever on Jan. 21.

What was known for 44 years as the Creekside Inn was originally called Bull Snyders and The Red Lantern.

Original Creekside owners Nancy and Ron Brumbaugh purchased the property near East Freedom at 3059 Everett Road in 1980 and Nancy renamed it the Creekside Inn.

The establishment’s fish tank was always noticed and commented on. Nancy tells the story of how a woman came in to the restaurant who sold fish tanks. Because of the name and location beside a creek, she thought it would be fitting to have a fish tank. Nancy...


Reader Comments(0)