Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

50 Years Ago

New Site for RS Fire Hall

Herald of Feb. 21, 1974

Members of Roaring Spring Borough Council and the Friendship Volunteer Fire Company agreed on a new site, located along East Main Street, for the company’s new hall. Council planned to buy the two lots on which the new hall was to be built, then trade them to the fire company in exchange for the current fire hall.

U.S. Sen. Hugh Scott flew into the Blair County Airport and pledged to do all he could to secure funds for the acquisition of a new instrument landing system that the authority had been seeking for several years.

Three boys in Boy Scout Troop 62 in Roarin...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 04/23/2024 21:35