Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

50 Years Ago

Solid Waste Council Formed

Herald of March 7, 1974

Representatives from six local municipalities, including Roaring Spring, Martinsburg and Woodbury boroughs, met in Martinsburg to form the Cove Area Solid Waste Council. Charles W. Klotz of Roaring Spring was elected chairman of the group.

Metzler’s Meat Market of Curryville closed March 1 after 26 years in business.

The American Oil Co. moved machinery into the Royer and Mines area to begin testing to look for underground oil reserves there.

On March 2 the cost of mailing a first-class letter increased from eight cents to 10 cents.

Dee Henry won first place in the stud...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 07/17/2024 10:15