Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

125 Years Ago

Morrisons Cove Bank Opens

Herald of March 23, 1899

Stockholders of a newly organized Morrison Cove Bank met to elect directors and officers in the office of S.H. Lysinger, Esq. J.B. Skyles was elected president, J.C. Sanders, vice president, and H.S. Burket, secretary and treasurer. Other directors were A.O. Dilling, Martinsburg; W.A. Nicodemus, Curryville; E.A. Feight, Roaring Spring; and S.B. Fluke of Woodbury, who presided over the organization meeting. The bank was to open April 3 in the Martinsburg office of the earlier bank that had failed.

D.C. Lippencott, pastor of the English Seventh Day Baptist Church at Sale...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 07/17/2024 18:50