Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

125 Years Ago

Mill Uses Horseless Wagon

Herald of June 9, 1899

A horseless wagon owned by the Planing Mill in Roaring Spring was attracting a lot of attention as it transported material to and fro throughout the village.

Coal miners in Cambria, Somerset and Bedford counties received a wage raise from 45 to 50 cents a ton for pick mining.

Mrs. Leah Burger was having her new stables painted.

Residents of Salemville were the proud owners of at least twenty-one bicycles.

A cantata directed by Prof. Ellas Glass was to be given at the Mt. Pleasant Reformed Church.

Persons traveling on the Morrisons Cove Turnpike were notified by an ad in...


Reader Comments(0)