Putting cows on the front page since 1885.

100 Years Ago

Community Enjoys Park

Herald of June 20, 1924

Many young people enjoyed riding the merry-go-round purchased by C.C. Imler for the grand opening of Sulfur Springs Park.

The first of three rehearsals was scheduled for 20 boys and 40 little girls who were participating in a Tom Thumb Wedding sponsored by the PTA at Memorial Park

Hippies Cave Park opened May 30 for the season with refreshments on the grounds every weekend and July 4.

A ball game played at Martinsburg with Roaring Spring ended with a 6-1 score for the locals.

A new pipe organ costing $2,700 was given by the Ladies Aid to the Roaring Spring Reformed Chur...


Reader Comments(0)