100 Years Ago
School History Completed
March 4, 2021
Herald of March 4, 1921
The history of the Dick School located a mile south of Roaring Spring was written by Miss Mattie Slick and her father S.H. Slick. The Pennsylvania Department of Education was collecting information about old time schools. The Dick School, known earlier as the Stone School House, was bought on Jan. 2,1921 from Dr. Clyde McGinnis of Chicago. The school was purchased for $125 by the Dick Historical Society.
The Gettman-Johnson Motor Co. Of Altoona, Ford dealer, announced that a tractor clinic would be held in the new company building at Union and Beale Avenues, Altoona,...