100 Years Ago
New Building Named
February 23, 2023
Herald of March 2, 1923
At a meeting of the Parent-Teacher association February 16, 1923, the result of the voting for a name for the new building was announced. Patrons and friends unanimously decided to name the school the Benson building in honor of Miss Emma Benson who has for so many years been the faithful and efficient teacher in our primary grades. A noble work will live forever and no reward great enough can be bestowed on this one who has won the affection and esteem of the entire community.
Samuel Golden, who lives on the Albert Tipton farm west of town, is very ill with influen...